Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trekathalon TOS: 1-8 Miri

Say G'rups again, and Imma smack ya.
Between the Twilight Zone, and Trek, CBS had creepy children down. Even as a kid myself, these kids irritated and unsettled me.  I was suprised how the scenes of unseen children taunting managed to raise the hairs on the back of my neck.

But then I start thinking about the episode, and it maked very little sense.  How come the planet was exactly like Earth?  Why did the town resemble Paramount Backlot Earth in 1950's America, complete with period cars?  What were the kids eating? How did they survive winters?  How come they hadn't even built a couch-cushion fort in 300 years?  Oh well, creepy kids are kreepy, and the whole G'rups (that's the only part of their speech that's devolved?) thing irritates me more then I'm willing to admit.  Bonk! Bonk! Bad Kid Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment